Lofty Ideas to Up Your Game
Despite its satirical nature, that iconic Robert Downey Jr. New Year meme had some truth to it earlier this month. It is time for that ‘new year, new you’ stuff. Or at least, your home could use the TLC. So whether you live in a bachelor pad, studio, loft, apartment or house… we’ve got some ideas to revamp your living space from walls to floors.
1. Frame it. Why purchase wall art when the real gems are collecting cyber dust in your smartphone? That last trip to Europe? Print it, frame it. That one time you got a little artsy in New York? Print it, frame it. Now your humble brags just got a little more subtly sexy to your guests. We suggest taking your printing needs to our friends at Snapbox Prints. You can easily upload your images directly from your Instagram and Facebook feed to their interface. Your Instagram captures will perfectly fit into our 4x4” modular framing system.
2. You can never have too many books. Create a smart, color coordinated book shelf with everything from Hemingway to How to Make Friends and Influence People. If you want to omit this suggestion, we have one blog for you: Reading is sexy.
[image source: The Inspiration blog]
3. Avoid primary colors. Primary reds and blues can make your place look outdated and child-like. We recommend breaking up monotonous colors with neutrals like industrial grays and mix in metallics like chrome and moscow mule brasses.
[image source: dezeen.com]
4. Be done with fluorescent lighting. Few things kill a mood quicker than the drabby, hideous unforgiving glare. Instead, invest in some cool table lamps or floor lamps.
5. Hide your DVD and CD collection. If you haven’t started using your PS4 or purchased a Roku yet, chances are your endless entertainment is hanging out front and center in your living room. Hiding these will surprisingly remove so much clutter from your space.
6. Paint one wall with a deep, sultry color. Pantone recently released its 2015 color of the year, Marsala. Try for something on-trend like this, or even a moody hue like sage or charcoal.
[image source: Offbeat Home & Life]
For more ways to be awesome, follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/fotobit.